At times, our printer quits working unexpectedly. Assuming that your why is my printer not responding to my computer? the arrangement might be all around as straightforward as you naturally suspect before you hand it over to an expert. How about we look at a few basic side effects on the off chance that we can settle the issues by attempting no less than one of these:
Is the power on?
Check to assume that the power button has been turned on and the power plug is associated with an AC attachment.
Is it in Sleep Mode?
Some of the time, the printer nods off mode naturally when the printer has been inactive for a long time. Once more, squeezing the power button or any button that deactivates rest mode could work.
Check the printer’s showcase for blunder messages
One of these messages could show up:
- Ink Empty/Refill Ink
- Open Lid/Close Lid
- Paper Jam
Investigate the issue to clear the mistake message being shown.
Is it set as the default printer?
- Access Control Panel >> Devices and Printers
- Select the printer you need. Right snap the printer and select “Set as default printer”
- A mark of approval ought to be apparent right at the lower part of the printer’s symbol.
Are the drivers introduced?
Typically, Windows will introduce a conventional driver if the printer is upheld yet it’s totally important to introduce the producer’s driver CD all together with your printer to appropriately work.
Are there copy printers introduced with a similar name? (Recorded as “Duplicate 1”, “Duplicate 2”)
This happens when you change the USB port on your PC during certain events and unintentionally introduced the drivers at least a few times. Eliminate all duplicates of the introduced drivers including the initially recorded gadget and uninstall the drivers. Restart your PC and reinstall the printer driver once more.
Is the printer associated with your PC?
- Guarantee that the USB printer link is cozily associated with the two finishes from the PC to your printer. You could have a free association someplace. Detach the USB link and interface it once more.
- Assuming utilizing an ethernet link, guarantee that the printer is associated with the switch or passage.
- Assuming that the printer was arranged to a remote association, guarantee the switch or passageway is turned on and associated with your printer just in case.
The printer is associated however it doesn’t show up under Devices and Printers
Here and there a USB symbol will show up in the framework plate and the printer is as yet undetected OR it returns a mistake with “This gadget can perform quicker” or a comparable message regardless of whether your printer is associated with a USB 2 or higher port. Attempt one of these arrangements:
- Ensure you’re not utilizing a modest USB port centre or modest nonexclusive power supply unit (PSU). The USB ports might be underpowered if any remaining USB ports are being utilized by gadgets that request more power. If so, briefly eliminate any remaining USB gadgets from your USB ports and associate your printer again first before whatever other gadget that doesn’t request a lot of force.
- Try not to associate at least two printers in a solitary USB port centre expansion as this might cause at least two printers sharing under one USB port that is just shown as a solitary USB symbol except if you have checked the associations independently identified and it won’t cause you issues later.
- Eliminate all printer drivers from Control Panel >> Devices and Printers, restart your PC and reinstall the drivers once more. Ensure you incapacitate any antivirus program or add a special case for the program and permit any progressions the program makes before introducing the drivers.
- You perhaps utilize an old USB printer link for USB 1.1 gadgets. Trade the link with a USB 2.0 (or USB 3.0) agreeable link.
- Some of the time an establishment or glimmering of the firmware of your motherboard from your PC can adjust the settings in your PC’s BIOS. To get to it, reboot your PC and press the key that shows up on the screen that allows you to get to the BIOS. Explore the BIOS and search for a USB Mode choice and set it to its most noteworthy speed or rendition. Try not to change other BIOS settings except if certain you’re doing.
- On the off chance that your printer disconnected issues continue to happen notwithstanding following the proposed arrangements above, contact your closest qualified tech to examine it.
Read also, HOW TO AVOID BOXES PRINTING MISTAKES?