The Pittsburgh Penguins (20-8-5) visit the Dallas Stars (16-12-2) as a part of Saturday’s NHL slate, starting at 2:00 PM ET at American Airlines Center. The Penguins are seventh in the Eastern Conference (45 points), while the Stars are 13th in the Western Conference (34 points).
🔴🔴ＬＩＶＥ ＳＴＲＥＡＭ ►► Penguins vs Stars
🔴🔴ＬＩＶＥ ＳＴＲＥＡＭ ►► Penguins vs Stars
• The Stars face the Pittsburgh Penguins for the second and final time this season on Saturday afternoon at American Airlines Center.
• The Stars bested the Penguins in the season opener, a 2-1 shootout victory at PPG Paints Arena on Oct. 19, 2021.
• Forward Michael Raffl posted the Stars’ lone goal in regulation in their October win, while forward Alexander Radulov scored the game-deciding goal in the shootout. Radulov has seven points (four goals, three assists) in 12 games against Pittsburgh, posting three points (one goal, two assists) in five games on home ice.
• Defenseman Miro Heiskanen tallied an assist in the Stars’ most recent game against the Penguins and now has two assists in his past three games against the Pens.
• Forward Tyler Seguin leads the Stars with nine goals and 15 points in 26 career games against the Penguins.
How to Watch Dallas vs. Pittsburgh
- Game Day: Saturday, January 8, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV: NHL Network
- Arena: American Airlines Center
- Live Stream on fuboTV:Start with a 7-day free trial!
Betting Information for Pittsburgh vs. Dallas
Pittsburgh and Dallas Stats
- On average, the Penguins put up 3.3 goals in a game (ninth in league), and the Stars concede 3.0 (17th).
- The Stars score 2.9 goals per game (17th in league), and the Penguins are conceding 2.5 (third).
- Pittsburgh has a +27 goal differential on the season, fifth in the league.
- Dallas is 19th in the league in goal differential, at -3 (-0.1 per game).
- The Stars have conceded 19 power-play goals (20th in league in penalty-kill percentage), and the Penguins have scored 17 power-play goals (22nd in power-play percentage).
- The Stars have scored 24 power-play goals (fifth in NHL in power-play percentage), and the Penguins have conceded 8 while short-handed (first in penalty-kill percentage).
Dallas Impact Players
- Joe Pavelski is an offensive leader for Dallas with 28 points (0.9 per game), with 12 goals and 16 assists in 30 games (playing 17:26 per game).
- Jason Robertson has scored 26 total points (1.1 per game) this campaign. He has 11 goals and 15 assists.
- Roope Hintz’s 12 goals and 10 assists add up to 22 points this season.
- Braden Holtby has a .919 save percentage (12th in the league). He has 440 saves (27.5 per game), and has allowed 39 goals (2.4 per game).
- Jake Oettinger has a .922 save percentage, has made 237 saves (23.7 per game), and has given up 20 goals (2.0 per game).
Stars Injuries: Tanner Kero: Out (Upper Body)
Pittsburgh Impact Players
- One of Pittsburgh’s top offensive players this season is Jake Guentzel, who has 33 points (18 goals, 15 assists) and plays an average of 18:59 per game.
- Evan Rodrigues has accumulated 30 points (0.9 per game), scoring 15 goals and adding 15 assists.
- Kris Letang has 27 total points for Pittsburgh, with one goal and 26 assists.
- Tristan Jarry has given up 1.9 goals per game this season and is racking up 26.1 saves per matchup. His .933 save percentage is third-best in the league.
- Casey DeSmith has conceded 26 goals (3.3 per game) and recorded 207 saves (25.9 per game) with an .888 save percentage.
Penguins Injuries: Brock McGinn: Out (COVID-19), Jason Zucker: Out (Lower body), Drew O’Connor: Out (Health and Safety Protocols), Evgeni Malkin: Out (Knee), Bryan Rust: Out (COVID-19)