Many Netgear users have enabled the smart parental controls feature on their Orbi routers to monitor the online activities of their kids. However, sometimes, the Netgear smart parental controls features refuses to work. Are you facing the same issue recently? If you are nodding your head in yes, take a deep breath because we are here to assist you. In this post, we have outlined some of the topmost troubleshooting tips implementing which, you will surely be able to get rid of the issue at hand. So, scroll down and read on.
Fixed: Netgear Smart Parental Controls Not Working
- Restart Your Netgear Orbi Router
Before you get down to any other troubleshooting tip, consider giving your Netgear Orbi router a restart. Here is how you can restart or reboot your wireless device with ease:
- Disconnect your Netgear Orbi router from the existing modem.
- Turn off your Orbi router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your Orbi router back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Do not forget to reconnect your Netgear Orbi router to the existing modem.
Now, check whether you are able to get rid of the Netgear Orbi smart parental controls not working issue.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
Verify the Ethernet cable maintaining a connection between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem. If you find any cuts in your Ethernet cable, it is recommended that you get it replaced with brand new one. If opting for this option does not suit you, consider connecting your devices using a wireless medium.
- Call Your Internet Service Provider
Chances are that your Internet Service Provider is not doing his job properly due to which you are stuck with the Netgear Orbi smart parental controls not working issue.
Therefore, get in touch with him and ask him whether the issue is from his end. In case he confirms the same, give him a couple of hours to get it fixed.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
If you have made the mistake of your placing your Netgear Orbi wireless router near metal objects, reflexive surfaces, transmitting appliances, and electronic devices, it is advised that you rectify it by relocating your device.
While doing so, make sure that you are not placing your Orbi router near any of the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Bluetooth speakers
- Fish tanks
- Microwave ovens
- Aluminum studs
- Concrete walls
- Utensils containing water
Are you still going nuts because of the Netgear smart parental controls not working issue? Well, that might be because your device is not running on an updated firmware version.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device to the latest version:
- Switch on your PC.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type orbilogin com.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the orbilogin page.
- Enter the default username and password and click the Log In button.
- Once the BASIC Home screen appears, click the Settings menu.
- Under the Maintenance button, select Firmware Update.
- Wait for some time.
Note: You can also update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to the latest version using the Orbi application.
- Reset Your Netgear Orbi Router
If you still stuck with the Netgear Orbi smart parental controls not working issue, reset your wireless device.
Follow the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below and learn how to restore your device to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Take a paper clip and use it to press the Reset button.
- Hold on for a few seconds.
As soon as you are done performing Orbi factory reset, reconfigure your device.
We expect that after walking through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, you were able to get rid of the Orbi smart parental controls not working issue.