This can be a severe headache when you are trying to access the internet services through your Netgear extender but are unable to do so. Therefore, here we have listed some troubleshoot solutions to help you fix the Netgear extender not connecting to the internet issue. Just have a walk through the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
Restart Your Netgear Extender
If you’re having trouble connecting to the internet with your Netgear extender, we recommend that you perform a restart. Because it will fix small technical issues that could be the cause of the problem you are currently experiencing with your Netgear extender.
- Turn off your Netgear extender and disconnect all of your devices from it.
- Unplug your Netgear extender from the wall outlet and set it away.
- After waiting for some time, reconnect your Netgear extender to the power supply, and turn it on.
Now, check whether your internet is working. If not, then go to the next troubleshooting method.
Check your Internet Connection
For the Netgear extender, a stable internet connection is needed to function properly. If your devices are connected via a wired medium, then make sure the Ethernet cable you’re using is in good condition. If it’s damaged, change it with a new one to prevent any connection loss issues.
While using a wireless connection, check that your Netgear extender is receiving proper WiFi signals. If this isn’t the case, consider moving your extender device close to your router to reduce the risk of an error.
Examine the Power Supply
Check that your Netgear extender is receiving enough power to function properly. A faulty or short-circuited power socket might cause problems. If this is the case, we recommend plugging your Netgear extender into a different power outlet to avoid a power outage. Moreover, examine the condition of the AC cable as well, as any wear or tear to the AC cable will result in the Netgear extender not connecting to internet issue. Therefore, if you notice any damage, replace the cable or fix it.
Update Netgear Extender Firmware
Using an outdated version of Netgear extender firmware can also be one of the reasons behind the outcome of this specific issue. Due to this, you may experience problems with your extender. Then, you can try to update the firmware of your extender to the most latest version by connecting your Netgear extender For your ease, here we have provided step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear extender. Simply read the information provided below.
- Power on your Netgear extender and the computer.
- Access an updated internet browser on your PC and then input mywifiext.net into the address field.
- Press the Enter key to access the Netgear extender login page, where you are required to insert the default username and password in the appropriate fields.
- After filling in all the required details, click the Log In button.
- Then the Netgear extender setup wizard will appear where you need to move your cursor to the Advanced tab, then click Administration, and select Firmware Update.
- A new screen will appear where you need to select Check to see if there are any new updates.
- If new updates are available, click Yes to start the Netgear extender firmware upgrade procedure.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions to finish the update procedure.
Well done! Your Netgear extender firmware has been updated to the latest version.
Reset Netgear Extender
If none of the above solutions worked to fix the Netgear extender not connecting to the internet problem, then the final alternative is to reset your Netgear extender to factory default settings and re-configure it from the scratch. Many netizens, however, are unaware of how to reset their Netgear extender. If you’re having the same fate then, we recommend that you read the information provided below.
- To reset your Netgear extender, locate the Reset button on the back of the device and press it.
- Your Netgear extender will then restart automatically and be restored to the default factory settings.
Now, re-configure your Netgear extender to access Netgear extender setup wizard to enjoy high-speed internet services.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting hacks listed above will assist you in resolving the Netgear extender not connecting to the internet issue.