Since GTA V’s release into 2013, tens of thousands in addition to a multitude of customisations were created to support the game. The community of modders is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. But considering GTA V is the studio’s most popular game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the greatest mod support.
One of the biggest issues that gamers face when playing mods is understanding how to upload and configure them to ensure they function in game. This can be difficult for players who may not be the best at technology. There’s also the issue of figuring out what modifications to download in 2022 almost year after GTA V first launched. Below, players will be able to see the steps for downloading mods for GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players are able to decide what mods they need to install, they must be aware of the best way to download the mods. It is important to note that players are only able to use mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods within GTA Online. If players attempt to play GTA Online with mods enabled they’ll be banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in download mods to GTA V. The first step is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application will lay out
- Once the installation process is complete, open OpenIV, and choose Windows in the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, then hit the Tools box that is located on in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this procedure gives players is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. The players can launch the OpenIV application at any time to review how their mods are doing, deinstall them, or alter the mods. The next step in the process is to locate physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Check out: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Choose a mod that you wish to download. You can choose a specific type of mod from the menu on the site
- After a mod is selected then click on its box, and then click the green Download button.
- Some mods will download the .rar download file for your web browser. Other mods redirect you to the Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If the mod downloaded is a .rar file, you’ll require another program in order to view it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available for download through the Microsoft Store
- After your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document that you can open in Notepad. This will provide instructions on how you can download the mod
- If the mod is listed found on the Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, that you have to extract to another folder on your computer.
- After you have extracted the files Copy then paste them in the Mods folder in the system’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you have entered into the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file in your GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
This process is not limited to the general mods available for download, there’s also mods that utilize scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook in order to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Paste the contents of the file in the GTA V game directories. GTA V, but don’t place them in a particular folder.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these are typically marked with .net)
- Start the zipped Mod file then extract it again.
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod provided by the creator. These directions is available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the steps are complete Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin using mods without restriction within GTA V.